Porter County Master Gardeners Association
Copyright Porter County Master Gardeners Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
The Purdue University Cooperative Extension Service is an Affirmative Action, equal
access/equal opportunity institution.
2010 Service Donation
Dr. Susan Schoech,
Christ Lutheran Church with
Click photo for larger view.
Community Service Donation
The Porter County Master Gardeners Association (PCMGA) will donate up to $500 per year to
support charitable organizations in Porter County and the immediate surrounding area.
1. Organizations being considered for this donation must be involved in some way in
gardening or horticulture. Such involvement should be explained in the application.
2. Organizations being considered must be 501(C)3 not-for-profit corporations.
3. Organizations may be municipalities within Porter County and the immediate surrounding
4. The application must be filled out completely. Typing is preferred but not required. If writing
is illegible, the application will not be considered.
5. The PCMGA may decide to divide monies among several organizations or to award the
entire donation to a single organization.
6. If an organization has already received this donation, it is ineligible to apply for the donation
again for at least 3 years. It is the desire of the PCMGA to help many different organizations.
7. Any recipient of this donation must be willing to allow the PCMGA to publicize the donation
in local media outlets as well as Master Gardener publications.
8. Applications are due in the Porter County Extension Office by April 1st of the calendar year
for which the donation is being requested. Applications received after this date may be
considered for the following year’s donation, if applicable.
9. In the event that monies are unavailable, or that no qualified organization has made a
request, the PCMGA reserves the right to withhold the donation until monies are available or
a qualified recipient is approved.
10. All decisions of the PCMGA are final.
PCMGA Community Service $500 grant awardees from left, Nicole Pearman, Stephen Feezor, Christi
Brooks, Liz Metts, Opportunity Enterprises; Pastor Tim Reyna, Portage Presbyterian Church; Lisa Huges, St.
Patrick School; Michele Wise, VNA Phoenix Center.